General Manager Benelux Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai
To manage, promote and further develop the activities of the Chamber, whose main objective is to serve the interests of its members. Achieving this includes the organization of content-driven seminars, matchmaking opportunities, information and experience sharing and strengthening the Benelux business club community in Shanghai. These activities are accomplished in close collaboration with the Consulates General of the three countries, the Benelux business community (at large) in China and abroad, and towards local institutions and Chambers of Commerce. To strengthen the 4Cs (Connect, Community, Content & China) and strongly expand the 4Cs to Chinese execs and companies.
• Leadership, management and motivation of the Benelux Chamber office team (Membership Manager, Event Manager, Finance Manager and temporary staff);
• Maintain and build sustainable and amicable relationships with members, other BenCham chapters in China, local governmental institutions, international chambers (both in China and abroad) as well as the Consulates General of the Benelux countries;
• Budget and P&L accountability requiring fundraising and cost-control activities;
• Development and implementation of strategies and projects in collaboration with the ExCom, Board of Directors and the various committees;
• Identify business opportunities and help members where possible;
• Organize events, seminars and workshops with the various committees;
• Promote the brand image of the Chamber.
Reporting to the Board of Directors:
The General Manager shall organize monthly ExCom (Executive Committee of the Board of Directors) meetings to review the Chamber’s operation and to report on the outcome and execution of aforementioned duties to the ExCom, led by the BenCham Chairman. In addition, four times a year, the GM will organize a meeting to report to the complete Board of Directors.
• Bachelor or Master degree;
• At least 8 years of work experience in an international environment, with at least 3 years in a leadership function;
• Strong affiliation to the Benelux;
• Language skills in one or more of the Benelux languages and excellent command of English. Mandarin is an advantage;
• Outgoing personality, excellent social and interpersonal skills, solid organizational skills, affinity with diplomacy;
• Full commitment to BenCham and its members;
• Good understanding of the Benelux and the Chinese business environment and a broad economic interest and understanding of the relations between the Benelux and China;
• Self-motivating and able to work independently. BenCham, Benelux Chamber of Commerce in China